Saturday, December 25, 2021

Christmas Tree Dessert recipe with 2+ ingredients

 




Christmas Day, 2021



Yesterday, I made these Christmas tree cookies, inspired by the occasion. It's been a while since I felt like it. Grateful for the Spirit of Christmas.  



I would like to share the 2 super-easy recipes today. 



First Christmas Tree is made from just bananas and coconut flour.  Whatever portion should work. I used the 2 ripe bananas that I wanted to use up, and added 1 cup of coconut flour. Blend them to a consistency which the dough would form a shape of a Christmas tree when using an icing tip with a pastry bag. Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or more, as needed. Actually, I added Matcha powder in an attempt to make the tree green. But the organic Matcha powder I used was a cheap kind which is the lightest green, and the banana's yellow color made the tree color light brown when blended. And, you know what that means... The trees looked more like...poops! On top of that, when the cookies were baked, the banana made the color turn dark brown.  So, unless it's for the flavor you're going for, it is not necessary to add the Matcha powder. Then, in order to hide the poopy shape, I decided to cover up the trees with snow. The arrow root powder was what I used, since I did not have coconut flakes handy.  I did whip a small can of coconut cream (refrigerated in advance) and put a tiny dot on top of the trees. 

(Before baking)

(After baking)




The other Christmas Tree is made from a ripe pear and gluten-free oat flour/almond flour mix. BUT, I recommend using just coconut flour like the first recipe for better taste. The oat flour made the taste too bland. I don't use sugar, so I rely on the sweetness of the ingredients. Blend the ingredients, adding Matcha powder also. With a ripe pear, the Matcha color was slightly recognizable even after baking.  Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or so. The pear cookies baked faster than the banana ones. Again, I sprinkled the arrow root powder for the snow effect, and added a lemon peel stars on top of each tree.

(Before baking)

(After baking)



I could add more ingredients to enrich the flavor and texture in both versions. But, I am reluctant to use some of the enhancing ingredients for baking, since I'm on detox diet most of the time. 



May the Christmas Spirit be in your heart...always!




Blessings,
Mariko




No comments:

Post a Comment