Saturday, March 5, 2022

Hina-Musubi (Girls' Day Rice Balls)

 March 3rd, 2022, was Hina-matsuri (Girls' Day) in Japan.  So, I made Hina-musubi (Girls' Day Rice Balls) for the occasion. The anticipation of the spring and the Sakura-color of the ceremony inspired me. Made my heart flutter. πŸ’“





As you can see, it's pretty easy to figure out what ingredients I used to make this cute couple. Just in case, here are the ingredients:

- Sushi rice

- Atlantic Dulce (seaweed)

- Umeboshi (pickled plum)

- Dried NORI seaweed 

- English Cucumber

- Carrot

- Sea salt




Just cook the rice, separate the rice for the parts, make them into rice balls (for heads and bodies) and flatten them. For the Odairi-sama (Emperor)'s body, I used a kind of purplish Atlantic Dulce and sea salt. For his face, just cut Nori and made tiny eyes and smiley mouth. The accessories are made of an English cucumber. For the Ohina-sama (Empress)'s body, I mixed the sweet (honey) Umeboshi with the rice. For her face, Nori and Umeboshi (the lips are the skin part of Ume, and the cheek blush is the meat part of Ume.) For her accessories, I used the carrot. Background decoration is thinly-cut Nori and peeled skin of the English Cucumber.




Then, I placed the Hina-Musubi to my little sister's and lost cat's alter as the food offering. πŸ™


May the force be with you. May the seasonal celebrations warm your heart. May you be able to share each precious moment with your loved ones. Peace.



Blessings πŸ€ 3.5.2022

No comments:

Post a Comment