Saturday, March 5, 2022

Allergen-Free Vegan Donuts

 The other day, I made allergen-free vegan donuts (gluten and dairy free) for the first time. To my surprise, it tasted really good!! ๐Ÿ˜‹





These are baked donuts. Not raw donuts, although I generally prefer raw food desserts. I just like to experiment. Since it was my first time baking vegan donuts, I was a bit nervous about binding the dough, so I kind of used a few different binders in the mix. As usual, a banana (for both as a sweetener and binder), flax egg and xanthan gum. Also used a bit of baking powder for fluffing the dough. BUT, after the experiment, I would just use the banana, and skip the rest. Not necessary. If you want to fluff it up, perhaps, the use of baking powder and baking soda, but I would prefer sticking to a banana only. I'm assuming that you could get the ideal consistency of the dough by adjusting the grams of the banana when mixing it.


Ingredients:

Oat flour --- about 1 cup
Almond flour --- about 1/4 cup
Coconut flour --- about 1/4 cup
(The ratio of almond flour and coconut flour, to my liking, is usually more almond flour and less coconut flour.)

1 Ripe banana

Flax egg (Optional) --- 1 tbsp Ground flax seeds mixed in 1.5 tbsp filtered water. Mix and let it sit for a few min. 

Xanthan Gum (Optional) --- 2/3 tsp.

Orange zest --- I used 3 organic mandarin orange peels, and grated them.

Cacao Powder --- 2 tbsp.

Vanila Extract (non-alcohol) --- 3/4 tsp

Cinnamon powder --- sprinkles

Dark chocolate bar --- I used the Lindt 90% cocoa (for glazing and drizzling the donuts). This one has 2g added sugar which is a small amount, so it's not too bad. I usually make my own chocolate sauce with no added sugar, but this time I skipped that process. I'm wondering where the 4g protein comes from, though.

Hemp milk (unsweetened) --- 1/4 + cup.

Baking powder --- 1/4 tsp

Coconut oil --- 1.5 tbsp (melted)


Cooking gear:

Silicon donut molds and a baking pan.



DIRECTION:


Grate the orange peels (organic orange)



Make flax egg (optional)



Melt coconut oil



Blend the ingredients (Oat flour, Coconut flour, Almond flour, 1 ripe banana, sprinkles of cinnamon powder, vanilla extract, hemp milk, flax egg-optional, xanthan gum-optional, baking powder-optional, Cacao powder and orange zest).



Fill the silicone molds with the donut dough. I filled just 2/3 of the way into the molds, but next time I'd just fill the molds all the way, since I wouldn't be using baking powder. If you use baking powder (or any fluffing agent), you'd probably need a little space for the donut to fluff up.



After baking for 15-20 minutes at 350 °F
Since I used very little amount of baking powder, the dough didn't expand much. Banana made it a bit moist and chewy. That's OK for me. Fluffing agents can interfere with a detox diet, so I try to use less of them. 



Tasted delicious๐Ÿ’— Texture worked for me.๐Ÿ‘



Baked. Cool off. (Easy to removed the donuts from the silicone molds.)



Melt dark chocolate bar in boiling hot water saucepan. 
(Some coconut oil was left in the measuring cup, so I mixed it with the chocolate.)
I also don't like to use a microwave, and it's better for the chocolate to gradually melt in the hot water rather than heating it up directly in the pan. 



This is the chocolate bar I used this time. Lindt brand. Next time, I hope I'll have the time to make from scratch, but in a pinch, I use something like this. 



Delicious dark chocolate-drizzled vegan donuts! ๐ŸŒฑ



Dark chocolate-dipped donuts tasted yummy, too!



LOVE the bitter-sweet taste!! ๐Ÿ˜‹



Just like life.




Blessings๐Ÿ€





















No comments:

Post a Comment